AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for tedbear
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/15/2017 14:40 (#5964188 - in reply to #5964051)
Subject: RE: Question for tedbear

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
If you were controlling it with an Ag Leader Liquid module you would use the liquid number divided by 10. Then when you pick the product and the controlling units, the system will apply the proper conversion number. This would allow you to enter in the target rate in pounds of "N" or "NH3" your choice as the system will apply a conversion number to convert and display pounds rather than gallons.

The NH3 number on the Raven flow meter is for a Raven controller such as a 440. Since there are no units displayed on a 440, this was a way to get the display to show pounds of "N" rather than gallons of "NH3". The "times 10" factor came in with Raven's first automatic rate controller the SCS-400. Since that display did not have a decimal point on the keypad this was a way to get more resolution into the system. Since you couldn't enter 74.2 pulses per gallon as the cal number, they based this on 10 units since you could enter in 742 pulses per 10 gallons. The internal math compensated for the factor of 10.

I've never used the app rate module to monitor NH3. I have only used for starter fertilizer where I use the liquid number divided by 10 because I want to measure in gallons.

I suspect you should use the liquid number divided by 10 but I'm not positive. I will be doing some other things in the tractor today and will make a test configuration to help clear this up.

Edited by tedbear 4/16/2017 10:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)