AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Plug For Box Meals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

showboat
Posted 4/13/2017 08:54 (#5960640)
Subject: A Plug For Box Meals

My dear wife is a good cook, but after many years, ---and still maintaining a busy professional life---she wanted to try something new, to stimulate some creativity in the kitchen..... So she subscribed to one of these "Box Meal" services. The brand name is "Home Chef".

So once per week we get a box delivered by FedEx or UPS. It is well insulated, and contains enough "cold packs" to keep things well chilled. There are enough ingredients within to prepare six meals......two each of three different meals. Box costs about $30 delivered.

We've enjoyed this for several weeks now, and have been surprisingly well pleased. There has been one steak entrée in each box, and usually a chicken entrée, and generally a fish entrée as well, although that might vary. Almost always there is also a "starch" component--potato, or pasta-- and a vegetable serving of some sort. No breads, or desserts.

Home preparation is still involved, but ALMOST everything one needs to prepare the meals is included--even sauces and spices. There is hardly any waste, and "prep" time is about 30-40 minutes. Recipes and instructions are included.

It would be impossible to say that each meal was "my favorite", but I wouldn't object to being served a "repeat" of ANY of the meals we've enjoyed thus far.

Don't know how long we'll continue to subscribe, but we've enjoyed it so far, and she has even recommended the service to folks she knew who were still able to Prepare meals, but were "housebound" and unable to go shopping.....elders, or folks who otherwise found it difficult to leave home.

It has been enjoyable for us. showboat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)