AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you take to the field with you for meals?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/12/2017 08:46 (#5959007)
Subject: What do you take to the field with you for meals?

For as long as I can remember, when things have been busy I have had food delivered to me to the field by my wife or back in high school and before, by my Mom.

This year with being up to three young kids I want to make life easier on my wife and take care of it myself to some degree, at least enough that she doesn't have to load all the kids in the car and take several hours of her day every day just traveling to me and back for food.

So far the plan is for her to make large batches of breakfast burritos and freeze them. Then when I take off in the morning at about 6 AM, I'll take those with me and throw them in my 12V RoadPro electric portable oven when I get to the tractor. That will give me breakfast around 7:00 or 8:00 AM?

The rest of the food for the day will be provided by a cooler full of leftovers from what her and the kids had the day before. When they eat she'll just package up a meal for me and put it in the fridge. When I leave the next morning I'll throw them in the cooler, grab a waterjug and head out the door.

I'm hoping the RoadPro heater will make it so that I don't have to have just sandwiches all the time and that it will not disrupt my wife's normal cooking process in any way.

One concern I have is keeping 3 meals organized and not obnoxiously large. I've got plenty of stuff in the tractor and pickup as it is. Also somewhat concerned about keeping track of silverware in a sanitary manner after it's been used. I guess these are fairly small issues but sometimes little things make a big difference.

Any tips or advice to make it go more smoothly?

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)