AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Direct command on JD r4030
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/13/2017 04:36 (#5960262 - in reply to #5958788)
Subject: RE: Direct command on JD r4030

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Not familiar with the newest Deere Sprayers. On the older ones such as a 4720, it was possible to marry an Ag Leader system into the mix for section control. In a nutshell this involved a bit of rewiring of the boom section switches so that they became inputs to the Ag Leader Auxiliary Input module. An Ag Leader Liquid Product module was used for section control. Its output went to the wires which were formerly attached to the Deere Boom sections. A tee was put into the Deere flow meter cable so the Ag Leader got flow information as well.

In this way the Ag Leader system was in the middle of things and essentially turned the booms section switches on/off for you for section control. The Ag Leader Liquid Module has the ability to control the rate but this was not used in this situation. The output to a control valve was simply not used. The Ag Leader has the ability to work with a Raven Injection pump with Ag Leader's Injection Module. I did this also and it all worked together very nicely.

If the Deere boom switches are now integrated into their CAN system this may not allow the Ag Leader system to intercept the section control switches.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)