AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A thumbs up for Viair 88P air compressor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

slowzuki
Posted 4/11/2017 07:49 (#5957215)
Subject: A thumbs up for Viair 88P air compressor

New Brunswick, Canada
I don't have a service truck so I've always kept a cheap 12 v compressor in the cabs of our tractors so when you get to the field and find a baler or wagon with a low tire you can pump it up rather than wreck it towing it back to the shop or waste time running back for a spare tire. I bought an old York A/C compressor and started converting it for air (oil return line etc) to mount it on one of the tractors but that project ran out of gas.

The 10$ compressors work ok but only last about 5 flat wagon tires before the connecting rod breaks. Blew up another one last one last summer so finally spent 60$ and got a Viair 88p that the off-road 4x4 shops sell. You have to use alligator clips as its too much draw for the lighter socket but I've been able to grab the starter wires or battery cables.

Was moving bales last night at my sisters farm that doesn't have a shop or compressor, rim was on the ground when lifting a bale, dug the compressor out from behind the seat, a couple of minutes later and the tire was back up and I was off down the road with my bales.

I think my York project will go on Craigslist/Kijiji today.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)