AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are Precision Planting eSets worth it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Allis4ever
Posted 4/11/2017 09:11 (#5957381 - in reply to #5957153)
Subject: RE: Are Precision Planting eSets worth it?

central iowa
tedbear - 4/11/2017 07:21

JAR - 4/10/2017 16:03

We switched from factory 30 cell disks to eSet.  I would never go back to the factory disks.

eSet is much easier to use and you don't have to change seed disks for different seed sizes.  Set you vacuum to 18 and go.

Seed shape doesn't matter either.

Jay

I have not really found this to be the case. I can get good results from eSets but I got good results with the old sweet corn kit (now known as Pro40).

The old Pro 40 did a much better job with commerical sweet corn. Although this doesn't apply to many, a special disk and singulator is recommended for sweet corn. Since I don't want to buy 24, I'm advising my nephew to hire someone who has a planter better suited for sweet corn to custom plant it this year.

Last year he planted some super sweet variety which is very difficult to work with. The singulation was not good even on a test stand. Fortunately the local Coop accidently sprayed it with Roundup and killed most of it so it didn't matter.

Ted, I am not a precision koolaide drinker here, but do think they make some pretty good stuff. The thing you have to remember with eset is that it is a HUGE dare i say mammoth improvement over the standard and small disk the other poster mentioned (not on a normal sized round, but with virtually any other seed size). Yes, I agree it is not a huge leap better than pro 40 (still easier since you don't have to mess with the singulator/double eliminator with different seed sizes), The thing you have to remember is that deere had that sweetcorn disk on the shelf for a long time before precision came with eset, but chose to keep it pretty quiet for some reason, even while their longtime customers struggled with planting many seed sizes. Only when precision came out and convinced everyone that they had reinvented the wheel with eset did they say "hey wait we have something just as good" LOL, So for that reason alone precision deserves the sale.

just a thought :)

kirk
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)