AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gluten free
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jd43
Posted 4/4/2017 07:34 (#5943485 - in reply to #5942621)
Subject: RE: Gluten free

Northeastern Pa.
My granddaughter has celiac and then found out through an bad episode at school that she has diabetes too. Thank the Lord for a substitute school nurse who figured it out quickly and didn't just give her a pill for her headache and send her back to class. It is really tough for her as a teen with all the school functions and not being able to eat only limited foods. Her mom is excellent on keeping her healthy. My granddaughter handles it very well and a lot better than I would. We had a very bad episode at our favorite pizza place one time. They do serve gluten free pizza and that's why we go there. My daughter ordered the gluten free pizza and made sure the waitress knew what she meant. The waitress must not have know what gluten free meant as she instead brought out whole wheat pizza. Which we didn't realize until my granddaughter ate a couple pieces and my daughter said let me try one of those as she is always testing food taste. She said that doesn't taste like it normally does. She asked the waitress to make sure it was Gluten free she said yes it's whole wheat. Not good. God bless all who have this disease and be carefull.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)