AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shaking my head...organics/natural/pesticides
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BigNorsk
Posted 4/24/2017 08:02 (#5979648 - in reply to #5950332)
Subject: RE: Shaking my head...organics/natural/pesticides

Rolla, ND
Kickapoogian - 4/7/2017 08:20

I beg to differ~ I know people who have to eat Organic because of health reasons.. Crones, Diverticulitis, digestive problems, ect.. And even if people don't have health problems and can afford it is it hurting you? If it is a so call "scam" it's still a legal "niche market" and is it hurting you?

Is "Grass fed Beef" also a scam or wrong to market it as such? If a person raises and finishes out Angus beef and another raises Herefords or Holsteins are any of them "wrong" in promoting their product as "the best"?

Tell me, if you have 2 good friends and both have gardens and let you take what you want for free.. One sprays and uses tons of chemicals and the other is truly 100% Organic. Which garden would you be most likely to get produce from if it were for your children or grandchildren?

In our area Organic has saved many family farms from going under and they put a lot of work into it. I do not like their method of promoting it by demeaning conventional farming though~!!! It's a market that has been developed and is thriving and it's farmers. No one forces someone to buy it but as with any other company with a product they are going to try to maximize their profits and advertising is just part of it. We have enough hate from the public as farmers already but that's not enough it seems, Now days we all have to throw hate towards our fellow farmers.. Don't get me wrong, there are some wing nuts out there that are bad apples and cheat in the Organic sector but if they get caught it is known.

Absolutely nothing about organic philosophy that has an effect on any of those problems. Does it hurt us. Yes, it is a denial of science. A denial of truth substituting a religious belief system. One which then attacks things not raised according to their religion.

Yes and no, it is higher in Omega 3 than beef that is grain fed (which is just another part of a grass). Are all their products "the best" no, false advertising by all of them.

Define tons of pesticides, is the organic gardener mixing up things they read about and using them as pesticides? There are certainly situations where I would not care to eat produce, that said, the thing I focus on is molds more than pesticides. Also I don't care for produce from the other side of the world. A shall we say conventional produce from a local garden compared to something labelled organic from China. No contest.

Advertising. Organic demand has been built by a continued investment in false advertising. So you have a public trained in falsehoods. Try dealing in facts and no one wants to listen. If you don't see that as damaging to our country and our future, I guess we will have to disagree.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)