AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone maps and data: How to use?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

BacNBlak
Posted 3/27/2017 06:52 (#5925407 - in reply to #5923566)
Subject: RE: Drone maps and data: How to use?

Eastern Shore of MD
So when the companies approached you, did the sales persons explain how it could benefit you or did they simply say here are the maps we can generate?

Thus far, I have only used drone imagery for scouting; identifying problem areas that I need to focus on. I've had good results with that too, but its hard to put a dollar figure on return with that. Variable rate would be something for the future for me but I don't have the application equipment or the adequate aerial equipment for that at this time. I have talked with a very limited number of producers that are interested in trying to generate VR Rx maps from drone imagery but no where near enough for me to feel comfortable investing in the hardware and software to accomplish this. This technology is changing so darn fast a $10K drone and sensor can be obsolete in a year.

Is your equipment (fert spreader, side dress unit, sprayer) set up for variable rate? If so, I personally would want to try it at least. You've got all the money in the equipment, try and make it pay for itself a little more.

How much were they charging for the maps/VR maps? Do you know what drone/sensor package they were flying?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)