AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CropScreen - Free Satellite Crop Monitoring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

satman
Posted 3/27/2017 11:51 (#5925938 - in reply to #5921745)
Subject: RE: CropScreen - Free Satellite Crop Monitoring

Langdon, ND
You'll find this area somewhat saturated right now but I applaud your efforts. There are a few things I will advise you on. First off not charging for the imagery can be okay but what you'll end up doing is devaluing the imagery itself towards others. I don't mean others that have similar services necessarily but people who provide imagery from these sources. It can create a false sense of perception that since its free it is not good enough. Just be wary of that. I'd personally charge something for the system not imagery eventually. Another thing is that unless you can create VR maps directly from your service and create formats to send to other controllers you might have a problem getting a lot of farmers to use it directly. Right now many that use imagery for something is through a service that is performed by a service provider and typically they may use something that performs extra capabilities, can map tens of thousands of acres, and has connections to other systems. If you want it DIY for the farmer you'll definitely need to have a great and easy to use interface with simple tools which could turn into a whole other project. The last thing I'd mention is how you manage the satellite scenes. You'll want to show the raw data first so people don't accidentally analyze a cloud or shadow. With all this being said if this is more of a side hobby project and you don't intend to expand the tools to much it might be hard to keep up compared to other services but then again if it's just a simple way to see and image, use NDVI for analysis, and download a simple file to another software then that's what it'll be. I wish you the best of luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)