AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions on cremation please. yea or nay and why
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Topshot
Posted 3/20/2017 17:52 (#5911934 - in reply to #5911626)
Subject: RE: Opinions on cremation please. yea or nay and why

Near Richmond, IN

My Dad was on the local cemetery board for many years and when he passed I put a stone for him that had his date of birth and the date of his passing because he was like you and that makes the information very easy to get.  I did the same thing for Mom and went ahead and had my wife's and my headstones engraved with the complete date of birth and, hopefully, whoever is left will get the date of passing engraved on them too.  It makes it very nice for people in the future to get info they might need.

As far as cremation, both of my parents wanted to be cremated so we followed their wishes and had them cremated.  The ashes, my sisters and I, spread in a few different places that were special to them, but they both had plots at the cemetery with head stones with the engraving but nothing is buried there.  We already had the plots and it's nice to have the stones there for the future visitors.   Also, cremation and  spreading the ashes is very inexpensive compared to the other way.  Mom & Dad didn't want a calling so we had a "celebration" get together and had it away from the funeral home later---that was very nice.  I'd prefer all that but my wife doesn't want me burned so I may not get my wish.  Ha, it's not that big of a deal to me so  whatever.  But the whole way we did it was very inexpensive and my parents and I think it's a total waste of money to blow it all on a funeral.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)