AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone liability insurance...on-demand...Verifly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 4/4/2017 19:22 (#5944765 - in reply to #5933775)
Subject: RE: Drone liability insurance...on-demand...Vox Populi

Chebanse, IL.....

vox populi

OK...there seems to be some dispute about this Grinnell Mutual extending liability off-premises. I would email you rather than take everyone's time here, but I don't see any email info for you. Mine is in my Profile. Feel free to contact me.....in fact, I would appreciate it if you do.

Anyway, I was excited to read what you posted saying that Grinnell now covers liability to the insured OFF-PREMISES in ILLINOIS (where I live). That was new. I've had my local agent looking into this for over a yr. We've been customers & friends of his for a long-long time. We've been GM customers for a long time also. He's handled GM for a long-long time also. So, I contacted him again a few days ago after your post re. Grinnell. He replied he would contact his GM territory guy ASAP & find out.

The reply news was not what I was hoping. In fact, they differ from your understanding. Here's a portion of my agent/friend email reply to me. No names except mine appear.

Ron,

I received a response from Grinnell on the drone insurance.  He indicated that once the GMRC 4310 (endorsement for unmanned aircraft liability) was added there is liability on premise only.  But, he went on to say he would be willing to review whatever it was you saw/read to help clarify for all of us.  Thanks! 

I did fwd a URL to him of your post. They still said no. So, I'm asking if you'll email me so I can contact whoever you use for information. I thought it was going to finally be easy to have our farm liability cover drone flying off premises. As of now, I'll use Verifly until I find anything different about any of our local carriers.

Also, the $59/yr you mention sounds like the same price they (GM) gave for HULL COVERAGE, not liability. Again, I'll admit to confusion and not dyed-in-the-wool facts.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)