AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Garmin 18 plus farmworks guidemate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chuckster
Posted 11/6/2006 09:49 (#58500 - in reply to #42886)
Subject: Re: Garmin 18 plus farmworks guidemate

Where Lewis and Clark finished the rum
Is your question more about the G18 or Guidemate? I've used GM for several years with AG132 1 hz and 5 hz, Garmin GPSMAP 76, EZGuide/Steer. Long story short - GM works any of these, sort of. The low end GPS stuff (MAP76) is pretty marginal, and I wouldn't use it on a regular basis - I did use it while harrow carting though with reasonable results. There is a noticeable difference between the 1 and 5 hz GPS input, although if you are going straight (vs contour), a 1 hz AG132 might be tolerable. BTW, I used GM with the EZ Guide/Steer system to access tagging capabilities in GM - kinda nice to let EZ do the steering and let me pay attention to what I'm seeing in the field. A wild oats example can be seen at www.srvscience.org\Students\chuckster\GIS .

BTW 2 - I was told the step from guidance to steering was bigger than the step from foam markers to guidance, and I wasn't sure, but after a couple years of EZ Steer, I agree.

Looks like you aren't too far away, if you want to try GM, mine isn't too busy right now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)