AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Viper capabilities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/10/2006 09:26 (#42652 - in reply to #42527)
Subject: RE: Rave Viper capabilities

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You ask the question: With the Viper is there any reason to keep the 460?

Yes and No. The Viper can connect to the 460. In this setup, the 460 would still run the control valve etc. as before but the information would be sent to the Viper for recordkeeping, maps, etc. The connection between the two boxes is via a DB9 computer type cable.

The Viper can also be setup to run the whole show without the 460. This would involve installation of at least two CAN nodes. There is the Speed/Boom node and at least one Product node. The Viper display and these nodes communicate to perform their various functions.

Switching gears-In some respects the situation using an Insight is similar.

The Insight is CAN based also. It can be setup with an Application Rate module that among other things can communicate with the Raven 460 via the DB9 computer type cable. Autoboom would not be possible with this setup

It also could run the whole show but would involve the use of Ag Leader's nodes. Again there is a Speed/Boom node called the Auxilary Input Module and at least one Output node. In your case this would be called the Liquid Control Module. Autoboom control is possible with this setup.

If Autoboom control (not height) is desired an unlock needs to be purchased. If multiple products are going to be applied at the same time, another unlock needs to be purchased.

Given your situation and requests, I'm not certain which route to recommend.

Edited by tedbear 9/10/2006 09:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)