AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else have problems with Raven Smartrax?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Applicator
Posted 9/13/2006 10:01 (#43443 - in reply to #43348)
Subject: FLX 4300 / Smartrax is a great combination

I do not know which power steering system your flx 4300 has, if it has an open center system I would convert it to load sense, it would take a load sense valve plus a load sense steer valve. Get the new controller with the PWM valve driver board, older controllers will have to be sent to Raven if you want this. This should make it even better. The difference in how tired you are at the end of the day is a bunch. If you are running an spray or air machine, you can watch it to make certain nothing is wrong, without being 4 ft off line when you look back at the light bar. Your straight tracks will impress everyone if you don't tell them you have an auto-steer unit.

Bad-
Raven does not have a gps receiver that I like (the 410 maybe, but it can not use beacon correction and it is too new to know how well it works). You can run almost any 10 hz receiver. Raven does not have a reasonably priced tilt sensor out yet. The tilt sensor in the lightbar will not stay calibrated. Raven's enhancer is way too expensive to justify putting it in a spreader, a low cost Raven sensor might be available by December. I have a Mid-Tech tilt sensor that works (it goes in the input data cable and costs $500), but it reacts too slow to take out bumps. Decimeter accuracy (if you have an OnmiStar HP receiver)is good only to 10 mph, above that it will switch to normal (still pretty good). I expect to have steering cylinder seal problems, they get a workout.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)