AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tillage vs No-Tillage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Matt4020
Posted 1/12/2017 13:53 (#5762843)
Subject: Tillage vs No-Tillage

I am not a farmer, I am a college student. So for the time being, I just try to learn as much as I can about subject. Recently I've been very curious about the tillage vs. no-tillage debate. I've read some online articles from various sources about the subject, but I am slightly suspicious of the overwhelmingly widespread favor that no-tillage has seemed to gain in light of research. Therefore, I thought I should just write a post about this question. So, weather you till or no-till, why do you choose that specific practice? If you do tillage, how do you build soil health/organic matter? If you do no-tillage, how do you deal with weeds, diseases, and compaction? I know that some farmers consider tillage important enough, that's they'll buy a tractor for the primary purpose of such. At the same time, I know others think that to be crazy. My hope is that this does't turn into some kind of massive internet argument, but rather just to discuss some valid talking points in favor of either tillage or no-tillage. All responses are appreciated . Thank You!

Edited by Matt4020 1/12/2017 14:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)