AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Accounting program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Illinifarm
Posted 1/11/2017 22:03 (#5761655)
Subject: Accounting program

Looking to start using some accounting software to keep track of the farm. Right now I'm not using any computer program so I'm starting from scratch. Basically do all my record keeping on paper and make a few Excel sheets at the end of the year when I'm trying to figure out taxes. I have an operating loan now and its always a PITA to fill out the cash flows and balance sheet at renewal time as I don't have an accurate way of tracking that info. Also in the process of getting a storage loan thru the FSA so my annual paperwork requirements are going to increase so I figure now is the time to get organized.

I have done some looking around, I like the looks of Easyfarm but not sure what version would be best, I'd like the ability to track costs down to the field by field level if possible without spending a fortune. Tried the PC Mars demo and hated the layout for some reason, just seemed clunky and never really picked it up. A couple years ago I tried Farmworks which seems like it would do everything I want but the learning curve was very steep and I never really got to the point I was comfortable and abandoned it when my trial was up.

Wanting to keep more accurate records without spending a fortune or having to spend weeks figuring out how the d@mn program works!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)