AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Terrain Profile and Tiling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SCIN Farmer
Posted 12/21/2016 16:37 (#5714506)
Subject: Terrain Profile and Tiling

I was wondering if any of you are using the Terrain Profiler in QGIS to determine if a tile run will work?

I have been messing around with it, and it works great, except for knowing if a lateral will fail because of the terrain.

What I was thinking of doing is getting with the developer of the tool and seeing if he can add some mathematics to the tool to give a basic go/no go based on user entered criteria..

I know I can build a simple spreadsheet which, with the numbers from the profiler tells me if I can get .1% slope (tenth/hundred), what I would like to do is be able to create automatic breaks similar to what Intellislope would do, but at this time I have not found a good algorithm to do such a thing. The other limitation is my coding skills, I can typically look at code and determine what its suppose to do, but writing is out of my reach at this moment.

Do any of you have any interest in such a thing? I think it could be a whole lot better than the $2000 module on SMS if we spent a little time at it.

Let me know what you guys think.

edit:spelling

Edited by SCIN Farmer 12/21/2016 16:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)