AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll: Best bull dozer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 12/14/2016 20:30 (#5698287)
Subject: Poll: Best bull dozer

Mid-Missouri
I would be curious what many here find to be their favorite dozer.

I must say I really like our old Cat D7E 48A. To begin, its glow plugs will start it at any temperature I throw at it...0 degrees fahrenheit, no problem. Hydraulic tilt and lift work well with the single lever control, could be quicker, but works well. The engine has monster torque and will do a lot of work on a tank of fuel. Furthermore, the 3 speed transmission seems to take everything thrown at it. With its torque converter, it's amazing how three gears can do it all. I don't have to worry about a/c, heater, or broken window troubles either! As with any dozer, breakdowns occur, and as of recently, this has been a very reliable machine. Good undercarriage, minimal leaks, and a cooling system to keep it cool are always important.

I have ran some newer dozers that I didn't own. Obviously they are more comfortable in many ways. They can also be more productive, but not always. Ultimately, in the long run, I think it is hard to beat an old Cat when you consider reliability, fuel consumption, productivity, and ease of operation. Its characteristics reminds me of a Deere 3020/4020.

What do you like?

(DSCN6078.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN6078.JPG (229KB - 85 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)