AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble EZ Boom 2010
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/2/2006 08:02 (#40628 - in reply to #40498)
Subject: EZ-Boom with FMD vs Insight with D.C.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Don - I believe you are correct in stating that the mapping/coverage feature will not be a limitation when using the EZ-Boom with FMD. We did not see a working model of the EZ-Boom with the FMD display, but I believe onscreen realtime mapping will be part of the package.

There would probably be only minor operational differences between the Ag Leader Direct Command systems with the Insight display vs the FMD display with the EZ-Boom switchbox in most application scenarios. Using the EZ-Boom with the FMD display should actually be a "cleaner" setup since the CAN nodes (AIM & LCM) are built into the switchbox.

For many situations that would be good. I would forsee some situations where this arrangement would be a disadvantage. For example Self-Propelled sprayers often utilize their own Boom switches. It is often desirable or necessary to continue to use those switches when the system is changed to an autoboom system. This may be a limitation with the EZ-Boom box since the switches are built into that box along with the nodes.

Depending on the situation each package would have some advantages and disadvantages when compared to the other. The major advantage to the Insight system would be the ability to use the display for harvest yield monitoring. I think Ag Leader will pretty well hang on to that portion of the picture.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)