AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New john deere planter problems and horrible service
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Redrat
Posted 5/13/2016 20:58 (#5300089)
Subject: New john deere planter problems and horrible service

Southeast mn
Alright this post is part rant part anger and is gonna be long, so I'm apologizing now. Last year I decided to purchase a new planter. So I looked at case and JD and kinze since service is less then 30 min from us. You guys and gals may laugh we farm around 750 acres and work off the farm besides. My job is in concrete so when we r busy planting or harvesting, I'm normally busy at work also. So I decided to get a 16 row planter for speed since I'm normally working 10 to 12 hours at work and try to plant a field or 2 every night while my dad works ground all day. So I decided to by a simple planter so we stayed with a John Deere finger planter so my dad could run it in case I couldn't get off of work for some reason . You can laugh but my dad and technology doesn't work at all. So first off the planter came in in December when it was suppose to come in March well I know it's up to the factory more then dealership so whatever. They put it together in a week or so and the weather turned horribly cold and snowy so we couldn't bring tractor in for them to hook all monitors up so they parked it in a snow bank for over month and any nice day I had to work. So they came a few days before I could plant corn to hook monitor up and check all setting and such. So I go to start planting have a day and a half of problems from improper setup and bad parts . Got it all fixed planted all my corn. They came back out to setup for beans now mind ya we have drilled beans for the last 35 years so I needed a refresher on rowing beans. They send a guy out to walk me through it all. No problem a hour or so I'm planting beans. Check a few times the book says anywhere from 7 to 10 beans OK I'm averaging 7 sometimes 8 well I needed 9.7 . He tells me my monitor is gonna be at least 20 to 30% off since I didn't get the high end sensors. OK makes sense since never had a monitor for beans in past. Well he was wrong I planted a 60 and it way off I should have gone through 72 bags roughly nope not even 60 bags so they came back out made adjustments for me since I was working late for my job. They apologized and said I'm good. Do I start planting another 80 well I planted half of it and now I was way off didn't even use 18 bags so now I'm mad. Then send out top mechanic found out guy went wrong way on sprocket I was down to 97000 pop. Well after 4 hours he had it running awesome they never adjusted the settings on bean meter and the wing nuts were loose so they plates were loose and all kinds of stuff. Well the first mechanic was wrong cause the monitor is dead on. So I call the big boss of the dealership to express my happiness so far with the planter and service. Well to my surprise he was not aware of anything and was very sorry. Mind u the company owns 8 stores all around me. And we've bought Alot of equipment over the years from this store. The salesman's son was the one that walked me through the new planter on corn and beans so I think the salesman was trying to hide it from the head boss. Well now what do I do if we walk into store no one wants to look at us other then the head boss, we never complain about service and are very easy to get along with and never late on paying bills and such. Since he had a meeting with ppl that worked on it. So my question is I have one field that's roughly 30k light and another that's 70k light so do I tear it up and replant and send a bill or do I cross plant with earlier ma. bean and hope for the best?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)