AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calibratiing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 8/23/2006 01:19 (#38074 - in reply to #38056)
Subject: RE: Calibrating my thoughts

Brazilton KS

Lucas is 100% correct in saying that elevator speed is at least as critical on a Lexion/RDS system as on an impact plate system. Elevator capacity is directly related to the speed it is turning. The photocell is simply measuring the % fill of the elevator...if the elevator slows down the % fill (% darkness to the photocell) is going to increase as the flow rate remains constant.

I don't think there is much room to argue that there is another system on the market which offers the accuracy of the AgLeader because it does so much better job of accounting for all the varibles in the equation. Virtually every other system I have seen on the market assumes more then it measures. It is apparent that the majority of the time these assumptions must be safe, because the systems which do the assuming generally provide acceptible accuracy, but the fact remains that the assumptions are there, and the results are subject to any inaccuracy in these factors.

The downside....isn't there always a downside?...is that the AgLeader is quite a bit more of a pain in the butt to set up. Just the nature of the beast as they say.

Edited by plowboy 8/25/2006 23:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)