AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

873 Bobcat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

alwaysfixin
Posted 4/5/2016 21:50 (#5224229)
Subject: 873 Bobcat

NWMO
Saw some posts from a few years back on the topic of the fuel shutoff solenoid on 873 Bobcat with the Deutz engine. Issue I have is random engine shut down. Get off and push around on the plug in that connects to the solenoid until it clicks and machine will start. Which leads me to believe the solenoid is good. My local Bobcat dealer looks at me like I fell up a tree when I explain the problem then tries to sell me a $300 solenoid that looks nothing like what I have. I guess the actual question is this, is the plug in for the solenoid actually some type of relay or micro switch since it has 2 wires into it and there are 3 blades on the solenoid or am I experiencing a solenoid issue and by pushing the plug around actually just making the spring trip the fuel shutoff. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 4/6/2016 04:30 (#5224511 - in reply to #5224229)
Subject: RE: 873 Bobcat

SW Ohio
not sure what you are trying to say there, but ours has that sometimes dies/cuts out for no reason, used to be worse than it is now but it was/is a wiring problem, not a component problem, loose connection mostly but once was a pinched cut wire.
alwaysfixin
Posted 4/6/2016 10:03 (#5225109 - in reply to #5224511)

NWMO
The question was, is the plug in going to the solenoid a switch or relay? Does any one know. When machine won't start I get off walk around and jiggle the plug to the fuel solenoid and it will start. The reason I think this is possible is the plug in has 2 wires going in to it, there are three blade terminals coming out and it is about 1"x1"x1" cube that says Hirshman 12V CDM on it. It's not just a simple 2 wire plug. Bobcat dealer near me doesn't have a clue and not sure if I haul it there and point to the part that he'd know so thought I'd ask. If it is wiring problem it is right at the plug in and if I were to cut the plug off of it I'll have 2 wires and 3 places to put them.
Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 4/6/2016 15:10 (#5225679 - in reply to #5225109)

SW Ohio
The only cube "thingy" that i can think of with ONLY two wires is a flasher unit ( edit, it could also be a circuit breaker or fuse, so maybe you have a short and wiggling things breaks the short). think about it, if one wire is"in" and one is "out" and it is not influenced by something else (like oil pressure) on the other side of the cube, it can't really be a relay or switch, action/reaction is missing. Did another wire fall off?
alwaysfixin
Posted 4/6/2016 21:04 (#5226433 - in reply to #5225679)

NWMO
Thanks for the idea. Hadn't thought of circuit breaker. Did stop in Bobcat dealer today with pics on my phone and they have no clue after seeing it. They tried to sell me a solenoid again and a "wire harness" which amounted to a 3 inch long wire with a plug in on each end because the solenoid they have is identical except it has a different plug in. That takes the cost to $370 to maybe fix something. More wire and connection testing I guess. By the way this is the cube I'm taling about. This plugs directly into the fuel shutoff solenoid.

(solenoid.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments solenoid.jpg (113KB - 176 downloads)
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)