AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Saving family truck from a fencerow..update... First drive in 40 years
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cotton Picker
Posted 3/17/2016 19:34 (#5182736)
Subject: Saving family truck from a fencerow..update... First drive in 40 years

Holly Island, AR
After getting the tranny hooked back up tuesday night, the first thing I did yesterday morning was take the old ford for it's first morning drive in probably 4 or 5 decades. It was fun and kinda emotional at the same time. I felt like my grandfather and great grandfather was riding shotgun with me! The ole 221 21 stud flathead runs like a top! The transmission I did nothing to except drop the old thick oil in it that drained like molasses, and put in some 90 wt. I think they make the thick oil that originally was suppose to be in there, i'll replace it with that before it time to drive it more, just took a quick stroll down the gravel on the farm. It shifts as good as I imagine an 80 year old tranny can, no gears grinding and goes in gear good, very impressed with how it operates. Primed the hood today, gonna block sand tomorrow and get it ready to base and clear with some Washington blue. May be planting some corn next week possibly, so gonna do what I can while I can. We've been productive all week in the shop, I put my guys to work, then I work on the ford, been kinda fun.. Here's a clip of my first drive in Pop's old truck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbC4vpKW4d4

Edited by Cotton Picker 3/17/2016 19:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)