AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calibrating Ag Leader yield monitors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Land_Surfer
Posted 8/21/2006 16:34 (#37701 - in reply to #37690)
Subject: Re: Calibrating Ag Leader yield monitors

See my comments in blue 

hwdcne - 8/21/2006 14:50

I have ran a PF 3000 for four seasons on a 9600. The first year of operation using the suggested cal numbers got the accuracy within less than 1% deviation. I cut high moisture corn, dry corn, high yielding irr. corn and very poor dryland corn. It appeared to remain accurate all the way through. Finally accuracy seemed to drop off and I've been going through Ag leader's suggested calibration procedures several times a season with no better accuracy and probably worse than the first year. Anyone have an explanation? Have you received all of the necessary PF3000 firmware updates?  Check with Ag Leader.  Also, your flow sensor might be experiencing some technical difficulty caused by wear or other damage.  I cut fairly consistent corn at 210-220 bpa without much variance through the field. I usually travel from 4-5 mph with an 8row 30" head. My flow rates average very similiar. Question, Why is it neccesary (according to AG Leader)to calibrate very low flow rates when you may never see those low flow rates in normal conditions? You run low flow rates, you just might not know it (ex. when starting into a field, point rows, etc.), the monitor needs a low, medium and high benchmark rates to perform. When I calibrate those low flow rates, it seems like it almost always skews the accuracy of the normal flow rate calibration. A load that I have cut that is in memory and very accurate, suddenly becomes 2-3% off. Am I correct in thinking that all that happens when you calibrate is that you have used a very sophisticated way to measure a wide range of conditions, but in accuality since you do not experience those wide range of conditions you have just basically averaged your calibration numbers and made them inaccurate all the way through instead of being dead on at your usual harvest rate. I have purchased a weigh wagon to help calibrate every year and it just doesn't seem to be working like Ag Leader suggests. The way I have been calibrating is to cut 4 or five cal. loads at various flow rates, entering corrected bushel and letting monitor adjust cal numbers. I would like to hear from anybody if this is working correctly and or what you suggest. Thanks!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)