AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any NTC 855 experts out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 2/9/2016 16:41 (#5099408 - in reply to #5093412)
Subject: RE: Any NTC 855 experts out there?

Dearfield Co.
Well --------my thoughts . depending on how the injectors are flowed as well as if they have the fine screen or course screen in the side of the Inj body can change things a touch . When cold they had a sort of surge at idle but not real noticeable but that is to me. I would say that the constant power governor needs adjusted but I can't remember how and can't find my book,

My description of the surge would be if the engine is cold and at a idle speed of 725 and you popped the throttle ahead to lets say 1050 rpm or 11 or 1200 rpm for faster warm up it would sound like rump rump rump and then smooth out. The 1800 rpm kind of has me scratching my head since I can't ever remember having a tractor inj pump due this. When I used to mess with a lot of the truck pumps I used the old v8--265 torque spring in them . that engine was the fore runner to the 903 and the torque spring made those engines kind of lopey but we were running big fuel on them with high flowed injectors.

My suggestion would be to call Marini diesel in Denver and ask to talk to sergio, he is the pump man and he has about 35 years in front of the machine-------they have sold out and the new owner might give some grief wanting to know to much info but sergio could help you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)