AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bobcat s series loader tier 4 problems
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

angus man
Posted 1/28/2016 07:21 (#5069351)
Subject: bobcat s series loader tier 4 problems

N E Illinois
I deliver hay to a dairy. They have 4 Bobcats( 2015 Machines) s650 and s550s. tier 4, I believe. Less than a year old, 850 hours. Very poor service. Wont run properly. This is the third time, this week I have had trouble with it. Today it (s650)wouldn't rev up for at least ten minutes. Finally started unloading and it quit in five minutes. Next day used other machine. Revved up properly. In 10 minutes the monitor would beep 3 times and idle down. Had to shut off engine(to reboot). Would run for three-four minutes. Same procedure. The machine was being used when I started to unload hay. Very poor service. Wont run properly. This is the third time I have had trouble with it. It wouldn't rev up for at least ten minutes. Finally started unloading and it quit in five minutes.
My 20 plus year old case at home is more dependable. m and work it as hard as can removing bales and stacking.
Sorry to say, I have been told by the manager, that the dealer is poor at trying to resolve issues!!!!
Probably computer/sensor/emission problems. How can this be resolved?
My 20 plus year old Cases(18 series) at home are more dependable, with 3000-5000 hours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gaul farm
Posted 1/28/2016 07:56 (#5069385 - in reply to #5069351)
Subject: RE: bobcat s series loader tier 4 problems

What code does give when it beeps my 590 did the same when it was cold and all it need was a new fuel filter and then it was good as new and last week my dealer put an update kit on the fuel system to make the filters last longer in cold weather and it was free of charge. Mine is a 14 with 600 hrs. The reason they don't run wide open right away is because the engine temp isn't high enough it a (warm up thing). They also told me the tier 4 filters only run for like 4-500 hrs. Find out the code and I could look it up in my book. The books r behind the seat. So far we really our machine only got it right before winter with 100 hrs on it.
wishbone7803
Posted 1/28/2016 09:01 (#5069520 - in reply to #5069351)

Almond Wisconsin
I have a T750 tier 4i and have had no trouble. I believe it is a 2013 model with the Kubota Motor. The newer ones are Dousan I believe. Had the choice between a 2013 and a 2014 and chose the Kubota.
Sodbustr
Posted 1/28/2016 13:20 (#5070022 - in reply to #5069351)

Western Iowa
Stop selling them hay or take your case loader along with you.... Problem solved!
angus man
Posted 1/29/2016 05:32 (#5071683 - in reply to #5070022)

N E Illinois
real smart. I was trying to help the dairy find a solution, not criticize the Manf. The Dealer has totally dropped the ball! You talk like a man with a paper #ectum. You sure a a "good" "helpful" dealer. lol

Edited by angus man 1/29/2016 05:34
Sodbustr
Posted 1/29/2016 07:43 (#5071891 - in reply to #5071683)

Western Iowa
You had almost the same post a few days ago.

I get the feeling you are crowing about your old case machine and all bobcats are junk. Doesn't feel like you are looking for help from what I have read. The bobcats are known for being a good machine. Some operations with tier 4 motors are struggling though. That is with all brands. Idle time, how long to warm engine, length of time engine runs, ect all plays into this....

If the dealer is not servicing 4 new machines, either the dealer will be out of business shortly, or the customer is a PIA who won't service or listen to SOP's.

If he is truly just getting screwed at the dealer, I would go right up the chain at bobcat. From what I have seen they will make it right real quick.... I was worried when Doosan bought them out a few years ago, but they seem to be running a tight ship. Better than IR in fact.
angus man
Posted 1/29/2016 12:08 (#5072538 - in reply to #5071891)

N E Illinois
I am crowing about the government mandated tier 4 garbage. The machine is a fine machine when its running. I had a bobcat 610 with Wisconsin engine, that was more dependable than this. Two of these machines have 800 plus hours on them since August. Hardly doubt that they don't get warmed up. That was a previous post by someone. The mechanic changed a fuel filter one day while I waited. only had twenty or so hours on. It was clean. All of the rest of their equipment runs fine using the same fuel source. I am trying to assist them in finding a resolution to their problem. It is easier for me when they don't run. We just push the hay off with a payloader that runs. It too was new in the summer. Probably tier four also. Not a bobcat payloader, though.

If the you think I am not looking for solutions, you are mistake. This is not brand specific. A post last week had a man ask what the opinion was to trade up 2-3 years on a Deere 8r tractor. One response was the dealer should give him $50000 to take the newer one?

The epa has mandated so mush *rap on the new engines and we have to pay for it in initial costs and maintenance.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)