AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Product Savings Revisited
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

highline
Posted 8/5/2008 18:49 (#429049 - in reply to #427995)
Subject: Re: Product Savings Revisited

We don't use auto guidance on our sprayer. However we use autoguidance on our planter tractor. With a 40' planter and 120' sprayer boom, we are still saving ourselves chemical with reduced overlap. Because the sprayer is an odd multiple width of the platner, it follows in the same planter tracks. By manually driving this machine where we are following rows and our paths are predefined, we are not saving the money with the sprayer. We are saving them with the planter again as the rows are straight and the guess row has gone from upwards of +/-18 inches, depending on who was planting to only +/- 4 inches now. Granted before our guess rows could have all been wide and we were saving ourselves a lot of chemical by not covering those strips, but reality tells us that the guess rows worked both ways.

Believe what you will, but I am a firm believer in the autoguidance products and the next sprayer will have it for our broad-acre triticale fields and avoiding the overlap and extra chemical to avoid the streaks left from driving too wide.

i will say this, I haven't been able to get as much manure on the same fields when applying the same rate because i don't error towards crowding the tracks, now it is right everytime. Maybe the DNR should help support some of these high costing systems?!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)