AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tedbear -- tractor wiring strategy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/28/2008 17:15 (#423601 - in reply to #423498)
Subject: Re: tedbear -- tractor wiring strategy

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I will try to get you a photo of the multi-weatherpak connector that we often use.

Personally I am not fond of the Deere power strip. I have three tractors and a combine that have them but I don't like them for a couple of reasons. The connectors must be purchased from Deere and are overpriced. The connectors are not real secure and I have seen some power connection problems which no one needs.

I have made a bus bar box like you describe in the past. As you described it, it was fed by a larger 12V switched source, a constant hot source and a good ground. The bus bar is available from many sources.

I really prefer the system that we now use in many rigs. This consists of a of several weatherpak 2 pole towers that remains with the rig. The devices that are moved are fitted with two pole shrouds to mate with the towers.

Once the various rigs and equipment is wired up, it is very easy to move and there is never any problem with reverse polarity etc. I use this on my own equipment as I move things around a far amount. One of the branches on my rigs goes to a three pole tower. The three pole is used by the Ag Leader Insight harnesses so I can plug them in quickly also. I have my Ag Leader modules mounted in toolboxes so they can be moved from rig to rig quickly.

Just today I moved the toolbox with the App Rate module from the planting tractor to the manure tractor. The Insight was easily moved since it uses a Ram mount which I have in each tractor and combine. The wiring and toolbox with module was easily moved by disconnecting the power connector and GPS.

Edited by tedbear 7/28/2008 17:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)