AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Help Convincing It's Time For an Autosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 7/27/2008 19:13 (#423100 - in reply to #423087)
Subject: Re: Need Help Convincing It's Time For an Autosteer

Brazilton KS

Go out and measure your actual swath width in the field. Then measure the actual width of your implement. Now figure the % of overlap. Take that % times the $$ worth of product that runs through the machine in a year. That's the savings in product from using autosteer. Now, take that % time the number of hours you put on the machine, times the $ per hour you figure is a fair price to custom operate with the machine. This is the cost of the extra hours you are putting on the machine. Add it all up and see how many times greater the total cost of not having it is compared to the cost to buy it. Been there, done that. Bought the first unit on my authority/credibility. Bought three more on the easily proven numbers from running the first one. My figures say that it will pay for its annual cost just in the cost of running the tractor on about 200 hours per year (fuel, labor, rent rate.) I don't remember the exact figures, but when applying ammonia it was more like a complete outright purchase could be made on one year's savings.

EZ-Steer is the first "Precision Ag" purchase which I could lay out so clearly in black and white that there was absolutely no question about 'what should we do.'   A real "no brainer" in my opinion.   

Edited by plowboy 7/27/2008 19:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)