AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I would like to use GPS data from my Beeline Arro in my JD GREENSTAR display for yield monitoring.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Marty
Posted 8/19/2006 17:38 (#37210 - in reply to #36638)
Subject: RE: I would like to use GPS data from my Beeline Arro in my JD GREENSTAR display for yield monitorin

Beeline requires that a signal is sent to it on the receive wire of the serial port before it will start to output NMEA messages on the transmit wire. Most GPS systems just automatically output the messages whether anything is hooked up or not. I have communicated this problem with Beeline already 18 months ago. I do not know if this is addressed in the new software version out this last spring. I have not yet had that version installed in my Beeline. The only work around that I have found is to hook it to a fully functional serial port like the one found on a computer. I just have to hook it up to the operating computer and then unplug it. This is not the best solution but additional people complaining to Beeline would help to get the problem solved if it wasn't addressed in this last software update.

Marty.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)