AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I want to buy a drone, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 12/26/2015 23:07 (#4989375 - in reply to #4988349)
Subject: RE: I want to buy a drone, need advice

Easy to fly.. sure!    not so easy to 'understand'!

I've read  the DJI  manuals  are a little  short on  information.  probably  a lot is lost in  translation?

If you  have  pretty good skills  at  navigating  around  menus,   set-up,   upgrades,   you'll be far ahead of me. 

I took almost 3 weeks of reading,  watching videos, and asking questions  before I even  installed the battery!!  I joined up with a brand specific  forum. 

Once I  finally got into the air,  it  is  simple as dirt.

I got mine from a brick and mortar  store,( carolinaDronz.com) with  promise of  a little better  customer service..  The shop is an actual Yuneec and  DJI  certified  service center.    I feel it was worth the  little extra  $$.      So far,  I'm not disappointed.   The few replacement parts (props,  and landing gear)  I've ordered have been  delivered within 3 days.

So,  there are probably better  deals out there,  but  when the warrantee  runs out....  what else  is  gone??

So, yes.   The claims of  being able to 'fly right out of the box'  are  essentially true.   Not necessarily  a good idea   

Worries,   safety,    nerves,   excitement..       which one  is  going to take command??    LOL,   take your time,  and   educate yourself! 

Fly safe!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)