AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What rights do I have?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 12/26/2015 15:37 (#4988415 - in reply to #4988284)
Subject: RE: What rights do I have?

Southeast Wyoming

I have a feeling you are right.  Livestock operations will probably be monitored closely by animal rights groups.  Those operations and field operations will be monitored by anti gmo groups and enviromaniacs.

Tax accessors and other government entities will probably monitor your property.

Thieves and just plain snoops will check out your fence lines and storage lots.

And recreation interests and hunters will monitor you land for wildlife, scenic views and etc.?

It would be great for the land owner if laws were passed making it illegal to operate a drone from a right-of-way, just as it is illegal to fire a weapon.  Not that it stops the illegal activity, but it clearly give property owners a leg to stand on when confronting others.

The other side of this is "what about the city dweller without substantial property to cover?"  Will they be allowed in public parks, greenways and etc.  What about around government builds, national parks and etc.

Not related actually only because it was video taking from the ground, but on the day after Veteran's Day I was at the Cheyenne VA.  The wind was blowing pretty good and the flags were snapping smartly and popping loudly in the wind.  It was one of those proud patriotic moments when the sight of Old Glory (and the wind) about takes your breath away.  I stepped back and took a couple of videos of the flags, panning around the front of the facility and back, thinking maybe I would publish a link here on NAT if I get something prepared.  Then I wondered if what I had done was actually legal, since it is a government facility.  A while back I approached the VA's security person on duty, told him what I had done and asked about publishing it or even retaining it.  He studied his manual for a while and then responded that as long as I had not taken pictures of supplies and such and people . . . as long as it was basically the flags I was good to go.  I wanted to ask him about drones but decided I had bumped the limit for that conversation and he needed to run anyway.  He did mention another office where the media can visit about media spots about the facility.

Who will go to the effort to get an okay before flying over and taking pictures of secured areas?

For the OP, your rights end where the rights of others begin, often stated "your rights end where my nose begins".  As a property owner it sounds like your rights end about where your nose ends.

Edited by Gary Lyon 12/26/2015 15:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)