AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What rights do I have?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 12/26/2015 09:00 (#4987645 - in reply to #4987526)
Subject: RE: What rights do I have?

Chebanse, IL.....

Is this a true event & not just a "what-if"? Is this a little drone, like 99% of what you see on YouTube? Or, is this a military thing big enough to carry a person?

If it's a little one, about the size of a small toolbox, then follow it the next time you see it. They only fly about 1/2-1.0 mis away, and only for about 20 minutes. If it's a little drone plane, then they move faster, but you should be able to still follow it. When it lands, it should be at the feet of the pilot/owner/operator/whatever. Decide what you want to do or say to that person....maybe better decide beforehand. I would assume you can demand they don't fly over your property ever again. Not sure what legal grounds you have, unless they actually land on your property, hit something, or you can prove disruption to livestock. Someone could park out on the road & take pictures with the same protection by the laws. Some folks on here claim they own some airspace above their home or farm. Not sure that's written in your legal description anywhere though. I think we think we own it, but we don't.

Same deal if an airplane makes repeated passes over your farm. Get an "N number" using binocs & call the registered owner. There's probably Google Earth planes flying as we speak. They're up higher though....8-10,000'. But, they've got pretty good camera equipment as we've all seen. Still nothing like NASA or military though. I'm also sure there are good photos being taken by craft with a red star on the side. Those might affect our life more sometime in the future.

Re. the "information harvested from your farm...", I try to imagine what in the world anyone could do with that to benefit themselves, or hurt you, unless it's criminal activities that are being photographed. Not saying this is your case however. But, what could you do seeing someone else's field from the air. There's lots of them on YouTube if you want to watch for a while. I sure haven't learned much, I know.

So, that's my suggestion. Follow the drone back to the owner. Report back here with the outcome please.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)