AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone for 1st timer....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 12/26/2015 09:41 (#4987741 - in reply to #4986205)
Subject: RE: Drone for 1st timer....

LOL,   If you  can  just  'hover'  in one spot  with those  little  varmints,      say     5  seconds,  You've  graduated. LOL

One thing  I've noticed  about  all the  guys *myself included*  asking about   which one is   a good  starter,  is   they are ALL  pretty much  easy to fly.    DJI, Yuneec (I own the  Q+),  or  any of  them  with GPS/stabilized  flight..

YOU BETTER HAVE  A LITTLE  MORE THAN BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS.    Or be prepared to  'learn'!   (not a bad thing)

It's not  the actual  flight that is    'hard'..  it's     understanding   what is going on  with the controller, how it  talks to the  bird,  doing upgrades,  using the onboard diagnostics,  wading through the  menus on the controller..    For me,  it  took some  time!    I now have  miles of  footage,  and am learning about   video editing.  (more stuff to learn and  get!!)

Hell,  just the lingo  took me  a couple of weeks  of  reading  to  understand  what  was  being   talked about..   

Had to  get  this  'app',   had to  install  these   'drivers'.   

You don't  'need' this   right off the bat,  you can still pretty much fly 'out of the box'..  but sometime, eventually,  this will be a  must-have.

Expect to pay  about   800  up to  1300   for  a  really good    prosumer  grade   AerialPhotography  platform.

Sky is only the limit after that!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)