AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom 3 Professional Review
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Landon.B
Posted 12/16/2015 00:08 (#4963335)
Subject: Phantom 3 Professional Review

Hardin County, IA
With all the questions regarding which UAV to buy or which one is easiest to fly, I wanted to give a little review of the DJI Phantom 3 Professional. I wanted something detailed for those who are interested in purchasing one. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. I have flown a handful of different drones from the size up your palm up to an eBee Sensefly and lots of quad copters in between.

What comes in the box-
Phantom 3
Remote controller with tablet holder
2 sets of props (8 props in total)
1 flight battery
Battery charger and required cables to charge batteries and controller
Misc accessories for UAV
All the components come very well packaged, I was impressed with how well everything was packaged and everything came out looking new with no blemishes or scratches.

The differences in the professional and standard versions are minimal but they make a big difference to some. The first is that the pro shoots 4k video and the standard only shoots 2.7K. Another big difference is controller range, the pro offers 3.1 mile range and the standard is roughly .6 mile range. The last major difference is that the pro has ground sensors so it can hover above ground at a set height without using GPS and the standard relies on GPS. I wanted to note these main differences for interested buyers. Full link to compare the different models.
http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
Flying the drone, this is the fun part. There have been questions relating to how easy it is to fly, the answer is, stupid easy. These things are very simple to run, if you can navigate your way around on a tablet or computer you can fly these. It will take some getting used to but it won’t take long and it will be second nature to fly it. Support equipment needed will be a tablet or phone of some sort, DJI website has a list of supported devices. You will need to download the app from the app store or Google Play. The app is called “DJI Go”. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 to fly my drone, this is not a supported model to fly it, but using some workarounds I was able to download the app and use this tablet, it works like a champ with the drone. I will add some pictures to give everyone a feel for it, if you have questions don’t hesitate. There are many guys on here using this machine and we all are more than willing to help answer questions. I hope this is informational to someone who has looked into purchasing one.
Landon

(20151215_231702.jpg)

(20151215_232315.jpg)

(20151215_232514.jpg)

(20151215_232913.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20151215_231702.jpg (69KB - 1252 downloads)
Attachments 20151215_232315.jpg (60KB - 1240 downloads)
Attachments 20151215_232514.jpg (64KB - 1271 downloads)
Attachments 20151215_232913.jpg (68KB - 1233 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)