AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dronedeploy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

hdacman
Posted 12/16/2015 00:39 (#4963354 - in reply to #4963252)
Subject: RE: Dronedeploy

North Central Montana
I have been testing Drone Deploy, along with other software, to find out what will work best for me to take NDVI photos and turn them into fertilizer prescriptions.
I really like how drone deploy makes maps. In comparison to other methods I have used, drone deploy gets done much faster, with very good results. The difficult part at this time is getting the output so it would be easy to make a prescription from. I have tried taking maps generated in drone deploy and tried putting them in FarmWorks to create a prescription. So far, I have been unable to create a prescription that I'm satisfied with. Right now, the interface between software a little rough.

I have also been working with a trial of Pix4D, that has some good potential since it will create a shape file prescription right in it. At this point, my hurdle is getting the map to display they way I would like it to. My free trial is about up for it so I don't know if I'll get it figured out or not. Another point with Pix4D is that it takes huge computer power. A 45 acre map (52 images) is taking over a half hour to generate stitched results. It's a case where the software does so much, I don't know how to get the results out I want.

I really hope I can get it figured out how to go from images to prescriptions before spring.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)