AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight yield monitor w/AutoSwath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/18/2006 08:29 (#36833 - in reply to #36633)
Subject: RE: Insight yield monitor w/AutoSwath

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Glad to hear that the AutoSwath works well with in a harvest situation. I assume that as pointrows or partial swaths are encountered, the system automatically reduces the swath. This should make the harvested acres agree more closely with the true field acres.

How about the variety switching feature? Last year I activated the "post message when encountering a new variety" feature. It seemed to get confused when the end rows were a different variety than the field portion.

For example I had a rectangular field where I planted Variety A on the ends and the South Half. When Variety A ran out, I switched to Variety B for the North half. The warning system was fine when doing the South half but got confused when I did the North half as I turned on the ends. It suggested switching Varieties due to the fact that I was turning around on a different variety. This wasn't really a problem since I just ignored the suggestion of switching varieties. I wondered at the time how this situation would be handled when the variety switching was to be done automatically.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)