AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WM-Drain installed tile to SMS Basic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 11/19/2015 19:34 (#4907237)
Subject: WM-Drain installed tile to SMS Basic

Paxton, IL
We finally got a little over 20,000 feet of tile in the ground before rain came in.

Now that I'm rained out, I'm trying to import my installed tile lines into SMS Basic. I've pulled in the shape file and have a map of all the lines, but I don't see any way to view any elevation data for the tile. I have a nice coverage map, but not much else.

I'm not sure if SMS basic would give me any way to view data for the depth of the tile or not. Thinking maybe I would need SMS advanced and maybe the water management module for that ability. I did think I could probably pull up the "elevation" attribute or something on the map to get a basic idea of how deep the tile is, but that doesn't seem to work (only get a single color map)

Is there something else I should be looking for to import to get this data? or do something different in the import process?

It's not the end of the world if I don't get depth info. The location is what I really want. But it would be nice to have the data archived for 10-20 years down the road when, for some reason, I want to know how deep that specific line was in that spot.

edit: forgot to add that the slope would be more valuable information that I'm not seeing either.

Edited by mdnelson86 11/19/2015 19:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)