AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Camouflage equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Muddy
Posted 11/18/2015 18:17 (#4904816)
Subject: Camouflage equipment

Gobbler's Knob

I am in the market for new hunting camo.  Lots of brands out there, but very few options.  Unless looking at upland hunting clothes, most of today's camo is of the soft-shell variety resembling sweatsuits and warm-up gear rather than hunting clothes.  I don't know about any of you, but when I go hunting my stand and/or blind isn't always on or near a cleared path free of thorns, briars and stickers.  And, some of my best hunting has been done while sitting in a cold rain, snow and/or blustery wind.  That said, waterfowl type hunting outfits are way too bulky for my needs.  No coveralls or overalls either.  

I layer my hunting clothes for insulation in order to keep the bulk down and allow freedom of movement (need to be able to go on long hikes and jog in them when necessary).  I know such an outfit will be tough to find and likely not cheap.  That said, I will not consider Sitka or anything resembling it (this is what the hunting forums keep referring me too... because that is what is worn on all those theatrical hunting shows on the Outdoor Channel), those are snow skiing outfits at best, not designed primarily for camouflage and not the rigors of hunting.  Also, you might as well not recommend anything from Cabela's, Bass Pro, Midwest USA, etc.  I've already scoured through their stores and websites, most of their hunting clothes are either army fatigues or jogging suits or snow suits.

I need material as tough as canvas upland hunting coats and pants, but as quiet as wool and no heavier than those blue, lightly insulated Key work coveralls sold at TSC or Rural King.

Let me know if there are any other brands or types that I have missed meeting my criteria.  TIA!               

My top 5 requirements are:

1. Waterproof
  2. Windproof
  3. Briar and thorn resistant
  4. Very quiet
  5. Very durable

Edited by Muddy 11/18/2015 18:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread