AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fines for overweight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TerryWimp
Posted 8/15/2006 22:53 (#36128 - in reply to #36045)
Subject: RE: Terry------- did that happen in Iowa? No

Cecilia, KY ©®
I was just past the scale in Carlock, Ill. He and his trainee was setting in the middle waiting for someone like me to come along .

I think the reason he stopped me was because I don't have a plate on my trailer ( not required in KY ) then he gave me warnings for not having my breakaway hooked up, not having my safety chains hooked up, one tire on the trailer had a bad spot on it, windshield was cracked & improperly licensed vehicle ( have farm plates hauling commercial) Then the out of service . I corrected all but the winsheild & log book right there .

Once we got to the next exit & he gave me the out of service tag he said to me you knew you were commercial and just wanted to go without the hassle of being commercial .

I told him I have a commercial truck at home & if I was commercial I would have used it .

Cost me $75 for no log book & 10 hrs from noon to wait it out, not 10 hrs from when he stopped me . I could have been there in 4 hrs & been home by the time I arrived in Des Moines that morning.

The real BS I didn't take very well was HE had the right to determine me being commercial , not what I told him, or what he told me to begin with , HE told me to begin with I wasn't commercial . Seams he knew more about what I was doing than I did . I thought we were innocent till proven guilty ?????????????
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)