AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Steer Mounts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 7/1/2008 17:56 (#407986 - in reply to #407179)
Subject: Re: EZ Steer Mounts

Brazilton KS

I think it will work. The angle of the motor is a little different then normal on other applications. You will want to remove the motor when not using it as it is in the way to steer normally. I wish I had the factory necker nob on the steeringwheel. I try not to order JCB parts but I might have to order one after I find out how much I dislike it without.  I did sacrifice the tilt wheel.  The problems are that the steering wheel is too close to the windshield, you can't block the shifter on the left stalk, and you can't block the throttle on the right side.  If you try to go underneath, legroom becomes an issue.  A 3185 would be quite a bit easier because you wouldn't have to protect access to the throttle on the dash beacuse it was moved to the right console. 

You are looking at ver 1.3. ver 1.1 and 1.2 did not work out. Trimble would probably want $350 for this one....the one for most AGCO tractors is about $200, and even with one laying here as a pattern I don't think I could build it for that.

Edited by plowboy 7/1/2008 17:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)