AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmworks GRRRRRRRRRR!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 6/26/2008 18:17 (#405041 - in reply to #403246)
Subject: FODD Update...

Chad, I'm site at Pioneer for a couple of days.   They have a huge amount of data of all colors.   I worked through some GS2 data issues and I found two situations where acres are not correct.   The first is a bug.   I was not correctly handling the situation where split planter was being performed, but one variety was assigned to the left 6 rows, and the other variety to the right 18 rows.   In this case, we were double reporting the acres of the 6 row variety.    Not sure if you have that situation or not.

I also found some data that I've never seen before.   The planter actually recorded three seeding operations.   One for each half of the planter, and one that crossed the full width of the planter.   In this scenario, we are doubling the reported acres.   The FODD is not setup to report two varieties of seed being defined as applied in the same area.   I don't know if there is an inherant 50% factor embedded somewhere, or if I would have to figure that out by monitoring component overlaps.   And, I don't know if this is a refuge planter or if it is some kind of split-row planter.    It is a 44 foot width, which I thought might mean that it had the split-row feature.

I am forwarding this data to Deere to ask for the guidance in the appropriate way to process it.   This could certainly lead to doubling or trippling acres in some cases.

You can download this update from the FODD Updates page, and see if it changes your FarmWorks acres.   I assume you will have to unload the data again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)