AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmworks GRRRRRRRRRR!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 6/24/2008 23:05 (#403949 - in reply to #403895)
Subject: No.

We do not have a released product that can salvage Trimble data.   First, our software, like most other comparable software (if not all of it) would assume that an implement switch would have been used, so that the logging would be disengaged when the machine is disengaged.  Second... we have an autobound function that would do a pretty good job of this, except it assume that all FieldOp data will be logged as sites, instead of polygon strips.   So, given those two things, our released product will not solve this problem for you.

We do have a tool in use at Pioneer that will go into our Jan '09 release that recognizes endrow overlap, etc.   It will do what you want.   But we don't have it packaged into any kind of a form where you can use it.    I might be able to give you a simple tool to union all of the polygon strips into a single polygon, and you could get the area from that.   However, that is still going to report the acres through the waterways, because in those areas, there is no overlap... just a record of a machine operating when it was not operating.   I don't know of any way you will ever solve the waterway problem.

I suppose it would be too tedious to just trace the map with a measuring tool in FarmWorks, right?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)