AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ran something through the combine last year. (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 6/15/2008 20:45 (#398339)
Subject: Ran something through the combine last year. (pics)

Dunno what it was for sure as I could'nt find it. But it does'nt appear to have been metal or rock or something like that, but maybe a chunk of wood, or a rope of wet material. Probably wood, as it would crunch and I would'nt see it or recognize it.
Here's some pics of what it did to my 1680. The machine still ran fine, just after season noticing the damage, figured I better fix it before this season.

This the rotor cage at the front of the machine on the left side above the concaves. The bend is enough that it stretched the form enough that I know I would'nt be able to straighten it out. You can see it bent far enough that the transport vane support plate is gapped at the front.

This one does'nt show it none too well, but there is a bend outward at the grate mount too. In fact it flexed out far enough to pull one grate off the hanger when the foreign material went through.

Believe it or not, this is on the right side of the machine. Things usually dont bend or flex over here cause of the extra cage support bracket. But it did this time.

Right side over the concaves. No big deal, I've straightened it out here before.

Crack. Right side over the grates. I aint gunna chase cracks with the welder, so............new cage is on its way.

Here's what happened to the transport vanes. This is in the transition cone.

Right where the cone meets the cage.

Transport vanes over the concaves. What a mess.

Over the grates.

Close up.

It flexed things so bad that this spike hit a concave and may have pulled the mount some. I'll have to remove the bar and see what happened. It did break out a cross bar in the concave.

New cage. I went to Wasco oregon to get the cage as the locals dont seem to be able to figure out...............awe never mind.;-(
I've been wanting to remove the cage anyway as I have some ideas I want to try out to gain some capacity and not load the chaffer so bad using the helical concaves.

Thanks for looking. Hope this dont happen to you. Those cage halves were like $1,800 bucks but they are the extenda-wear halves with stainless vanes.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm trying out a new hosting site and it aint working for me. I'll keep try'n.

Edited by Old Pokey 6/15/2008 21:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)