AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pyro probe location?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 5/17/2015 08:09 (#4575032 - in reply to #4574833)
Subject: RE: Pyro probe location?

Dearfield Co.
In the dodge pickup modification days here with my kids they insisted on putting them in the exhaust manifold. A trendy set of gauges other than the Isspro I had made them use until they convinced me otherwise and a $2200 ball bearing turbo later the ports in the manifold were plugged. diprocal or what ever they were had no answers about what happened to the stinger. There have been stories in the pickup circle on highly modified engines with wilder cams and all the tricks where the melted stinger was sucked back into the engine and caused other damage due to cam overlap as well as getting the turbo-------------never seen it just heard about it.

My 12 valve that had a hamilton cam as well as big fuel and a to small turbo for a while would peg the gauge no matter what side it was on--------didnt stay in it for long duration but saw it a bunch. Its all on the cold side for me and yes I still equip about all my road diesels with one . It has saved several B model cats for customers when they blow the diaphram in the pump --------that will melt a pyro stinger as well but usually the readings will get the driver to looking at smoke etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)