AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere auto steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sandman
Posted 5/26/2008 22:38 (#385326 - in reply to #384493)
Subject: RE: Deere auto steer

ND
I can't help but share a little story I have with SF1 and RTK. My neighbor was running a SF1 on his rock roller in front of my planter. I was running the planter right behind him running RTK. He was no more then 1 round ahead of me at all times. The first 1 hour or so we did this I almost fell over when i saw how accurate his SF1 was to my RTK. LIttle to NO drift. My tire tracks were right on the money with his. I had to stop for about 15 minutes as the day went on to adjust somethings. Mind you I was following his same tracks dead on for about 2 hours or so. After I continued on planting and he was getting ahead of me by a good 20acres by now I had noticed that my tracks didn't line up with his anymore. So I thought I am going to shift track my track to his....I am running RTK. So i did to line up with him. I didn't make more then 2 rounds and I was off by a lot again. So I thought I will shift track again to see if I can stay on. I again made about 2 rounds and was way off again. I asked him if he shift tracked at all while rollling and he said no. We were both running ITC recievers and GS2, I don't think that really matters but to clarify. I saw a John Deere commercial on tv today about guidance and it is pasted across the screen "SF1 guidance good up to + or - 13 in. " Maybe you have to high of expectations for SF1, after all it is the lowest guidance system package John Deere offers. Food for thought.

Good Luck

Shane
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)