AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ steer 500 and EZ Boom setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 5/24/2008 18:17 (#384047 - in reply to #384027)
Subject: apples and oranges?

South central, Nebraska
I thought by reading the first post these problems sounded like issues with the EZ Guide 500. I reread it and noticed it refers to EZ Steer. I have not worked with EZ Steer, just the EZ Guide 500 and EZ Boom.

There are only two guidance line choices with the headland pattern on the ez guide 500, a-b, and a+. I need to use freeform in my situation. That requires a new line after doing a headland pattern. About the only thing the headland pattern provides in this case is learning total field acres of a new field. As soon as you create a new line after the headland pass, you lose the field size counter from the headland pass. You can go back and reselect the headland line and see it again but not a user friendly switch very often. Seems like they could add all pattern choices to the headland pattern menu and solve the counter issue? Probably easier said than done.

I can't recall any instructions defining out of bounds functions with ez guide 500 and ez boom. I ask tech support about this very issue and if they were planning an update. I was told there are no plans to offer this feature with this system at this time. It was suggested I could buy an Insight to have this feature.

Are you spraying with an ez guide 500 and ez boom?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)