AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Insight & Direct Command
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/24/2008 08:13 (#383759 - in reply to #383667)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Insight & Direct Command

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It is quite common for sprayers to be setup with an "odd" number of tips such as yours. Virtually all our sprayers go out this way.

My own personal sprayer is 60' with thirty seven tips split into four sections. Like you I have one section that has an extra tip ( 3 sections with 9 tips and the other with 10 tips).

We have always just setup Raven controllers and now Insights with the nominal width which in my case is 60'. Since I move over 60' each pass (I'm on rows) this all works out fine.

Granted the sprayer is actually spraying an extra 10" on each side. Setting up the sprayer as 60' has caused no problems. I do have a bit of a cushion since with the 10" overlap.

The Insight has no overlap feature. EZ-Boom has an overlap feature but I guess I don't see a need for it.

If you plan on using your autopilot, the spacing of the guidance lines is determined by the implement width so this will force you to set it up as 60'.

I suppose you could put in smaller tips on the ends if you are really concerned.

Edited by tedbear 5/24/2008 08:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)