AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Insight & Direct Command
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ccfarmer
Posted 5/24/2008 00:00 (#383667)
Subject: Ag Leader Insight & Direct Command

Creighton, NE
I am going to set up a Wetherell pull type sprayer with direct command and autoswath boom control. The sprayer is set up with 60' booms but it actually has 37 nozzles on 20" spacing's which would make it have 61.66" total coverage. The booms are divided into three sections which would be 20', 21.66', & 20'.

I would like to add three more shutoff valves to have a total of five 10' sections and one would be 11.66'. The odd number of nozzles is on the center section so one would be 10' and the other 11.66".

I have auto steer in the tractor and want to run on 60' lines,but can I configure the booms at 61.66' and drive on 60. I could fool the insight and say it was a 60' boom but will that mess up my flow rate. Taking one nozzle out and moving the others in 10" would be a pain because some of the nozzles would come out where the boom folds.

Maybe I need to put two half rate nozzles on the ends and still tell the insight it's a 60' boom. Just trying to figure out how all this is going to work. I will be using a Raven flow meter & control valve and have a pressure transducer for boom pressure.

Thanks for any thoughts on this,
Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)